Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance protects your house and personal possessions. It  is an important one of the most important aspect when it comes to  protecting your home. This coverage provides protection both inside and  outside of your home

What is homeowners insurance?

Homeowners insurance compensates you for losses to your home and your possessions inside it, so
purchasing  a homeowners insurance policy provides added security for  your investment. Homeowners insurance also protects you if  you're legally liable for someone's injuries on your property, as well  as from financial losses caused by storms, fire, theft and other events  outlined in your policy.

Different companies offer  different homeowners insurance coverage, so choosing the right  policy means finding the right mix of coverage to meet your need.

Generally, a standard homeowners insurances. policy protects the following:

  • The physical structure of your home
  • Structures on your property (storage sheds, pools, boathouses, etc.)
  • Your personal property and belongings inside your home, up to specified limits
  • Your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or your family members cause to other people Injuries to your household pets while inside your home
  • ​Additional living expenses if a fire or other insured disaster leaves you temporarily unable to live in your home.

Often, for an additional fee, you can select optional homeowners insurance coverage, including: 

  • Higher limits of liability for property damage or bodily injury
  • Replacement cost for personal property
  • Protection for valuables (jewelry, watches, fur, etc.)
  • Additional coverage for electronics or computer equipment.

To  make shopping for the right homeowners insurance policy easier, take an  inventory of what you own to decide what level of coverage makes you  comfortable. Once you know your coverage level, get a homeowners  insurance quote and choose the policy that's right for you.

What about townhouses?

If  you own a townhouse, you can insure it with a homeowner’s insurance  policy or an association master policy, depending on your situation.  Some townhouse associations have master policies, in which case you  should purchase a tenant homeowners insurance policy to insure your  personal property. Other townhouse associations do not have  master policies, which is when you should purchase a homeowners  insurance policy for your unit. Check with your association to determine  which type of policy you should purchase for your townhouse.

Learn More

Request a quote for free today!