Personal Auto Insurance

What is included in an auto insurance? 

We know auto insurance can be very confusing. There are many variation of coverage from deductibles, coverage options, and certain state requirements. There are also several coverage that are standard on a auto policy. In addition to the primary coverage, you can also choose to add other coverage, such as Emergency Road Service, for additional amounts. 

The below is a list of the primary coverage usually found in a typical auto insurance plan:

  • Bodily injury liability provides protection if you injure or kill someone while operating your car. It also provides for a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you. In the event of a serious accident, you want enough insurance to cover a judgment against you in a lawsuit, without jeopardizing your personal assets.
  • Bodily injury liability covers injury to people, not your vehicle. Therefore it's a good idea to have the same level of coverage for all of your cars.
  • Property damage liability protects you if your car damages someone else's property. It also provides you with legal. defense if another party files a lawsuit against you. It is a good idea to purchase enough of this insurance to cover the amount of damage your car might do to another vehicle or object.
  • Collision coverage pays for damage to your car when your car hits, or is hit by, another vehicle or other object. To keep your premiums low, select as large a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket. For older cars, consider reducing or dropping this coverage, since coverage is normally limited to the cash value of your car.
  • Comprehensive physical damage coverage pays for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals. To keep your premiums low, select as high a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket.
  • Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury protection coverage usually pays for the medical expenses of the injured driver and passengers in your car. There may also be coverage if you are injured by a vehicle as a pedestrian.
  • Uninsured motorists coverage pays for your injuries caused by an uninsured driver or, in some states, a hit-and-run driver. In some states there is also uninsured motorist coverage for damage to your vehicle. Given the large number of uninsured motorists, this is very important coverage to have, even in states with no-fault insurance.
  • Rental reimbursement coverage pays for a rental vehicle (usually up to $25 a day) when your vehicle is out of commission as a result of a loss covered under comprehensive or collision coverages. Depending on the type of legal and financial responsibility system used in your state, you will need to purchase either automobile liability insurance or no-fault insurance. As an independent agent, we combine products provided by the most respected insurance providers into a custom package that meets your personal or business needs.

When you request a quote, we work hard to find discounts that apply to you — multi-car insurance if you insure multiple cars with us, for example, or combined car/home insurance discounts. Our goal is always to give you the coverage you need at the lowest possible price.

Storm, fire, injury, accident – relax, Vintage Insurance Services has you covered. 

Progressive Policy

Manage your Progressive personal and commercial policy direct from this link